Next CSCC Meeting is scheduled for March 6, 2018 at 6:30 pm in the school staff room.
February 6, 2018 meeting: Top items discussed
- Teacher Appreciation Week activities are arranged for the week of Feb 12-15
- CSCC will provide the supplies and volunteers to those classrooms who wish to make rosaries
- The next Healthy Hunger lunch will be on March 22. More details will be sent via email or on the school website when the date is closer
- CSCC continues to discuss our best options for providing opportunities for the Deshaye community to gather together. If you have any suggestions or wish to be a part of these discussions please feel free to email or attend a regular meeting
January 16, 2018 CSCC Meeting
Top 5 items discussed at our January 16, 2018 meeting:
- CSCC meetings will now be help on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm
- CSCC will sponsor 2 events during Teacher Appreciation Week:
- a full staff lunch on February 12. We will need parent volunteers to help with setup, supervision of class lunches, supervision of the playground during recess, and lunch clean up. A sign up email will be circulated
- Morning coffee and snacks on February 15
- CSCC has set a budget to be able to represent Deshaye students who receive a sacrament this year at their parish with a small gift at the year end mass
- The chocolate fundraiser will start soon. Watch for announcements from the school!
- CSCC will organize monthly Healthy Hunger lunches as a part of our fundraising initiatives. Look to the school calendar for the exact dates!
November 6, 2017 CSCC Meeting
Hello from the Deshaye CSCC. We held our monthly meeting on November 6 in the school staff room once again. We continue to learn of the recent and upcoming activities in Deshaye school as well as plan for CSCC-sponsored activities. Here are a few of our highlights:
- The student directory has been completed and shared with the Deshaye school community. Half of our student body participated in the directory this year; we hope families will find this an easy way to connect throughout the school year.
- Our Halloween Dance held on October 26 was a success. Thank you to all the parents who attended with their children as well as helping with the clean up at the end of the night.
- We continue to review ways for the CSCC to collect the desired funds for the various academic, social and spiritual activities CSCC either support or sponsor. Stay tuned for future fundraising or donation opportunities.
- CSCC has agreed to covering the costs of hosting another babysitting course for a small group of students; this will be offered by Cassie Dodd, our school Community Liaison.
- It was a difficult decision but the CSCC has decided there will not be a Santa Store this Advent season.
Continue to watch the school website for updates after each of our monthly meetings.
October 10, 2017 CSCC Meeting at 7:00 PM
The DeShaye CSCC had their monthly meeting on October 11 in the school staff room. There was much lively discussion and learning for all of our members. Here are a few highlights from the agenda:
- Mrs. Gherasim reported that she has been working with Fr. Stephen Bill, pastor, and Laura O'Reilly, pastoral assistant, from Christ the King Parish. They have begun scheduling a variety of liturgy and school visits for students and parents to partake in with our parish priest and pastoral assistant.
- We named our primary budget items for this school year. We hope to achieve a minimum fundraising target to ensure we can support items such as the online subscription for Mathletics, teacher allotments for classroom supplies, funds for the PBIS classroom prizes, funds for literacy nights and literacy prizes, and appreciation meals for staff.
- Based on discussions last year, we unanimously voted to make a donation to the St. Kateri CSCC to help with their start-up expenses. Half of our families moved to St. Kateri this year, so we wanted to support our neighbours and past school community at their new school. We felt these monies would help to make their opening year's experience more successful.
- Organization of the decorations and canteen supplies for the upcoming Halloween dance were discussed. We hope our school families will be able to join us for the dance on October 26 at 6-8pm in our school gym.
- We are waiting for a final tally of our revenue from the magazine fundraiser in September. Watch for future announcements on our coming fundraisers: chocolates in January and cookie dough in April.
Our next meeting is scheduled for November 6, 6:30 p.m. in the school staff room.
Sept. 18 2017 Annual General Meeting at 7:00 PM
Here are the highlights from our Annual General Meeting held on September 18 in the school library:
- We elected new members to our membership board - so we have a full team made up of 10 DeShaye parents. Check out the Members link on the school website for all the parents who were elected.
- It was decided to once again create a Student Directory for any student who wishes to participate. All grades are invited to be a part of the directory. If you wish to have your children listed in the school directory, please complete and return the Voluntary Release of Information form that has been sent home.
- The first school dance has been scheduled: a Halloween dance on October 26 from 6-8pm. Watch for more details through school emails.
- Our first fundraiser of the school year is the QSP magazine subscription drive. This is another way to encourage reading at home and support funds for our school activities.
- Watch the school website for future posts from our monthly meetings. More details on fundraising and school activities by your CSCC to come!
Our next meeting is scheduled for October 10 at 7:00 pm at the school. Please join us to listen and offer opinions on our monthly agenda items.