Next Meeting: Nov. 6, 2017 CSCC Meeting at 6:30 PM
Oct. 10, 2017 CSCC Meeting at 7:00 PM
The DeShaye CSCC had their monthly meeting on October 11 in the school staff room. There was much lively discussion and learning for all of our members. Here are a few highlights from the agenda:
- Mrs. Gherasim reported that she has been working with Fr. Stephen Bill, pastor, and Laura O'Reilly, pastoral assistant, from Christ the King Parish. They have begun scheduling a variety of liturgy and school visits for students and parents to partake in with our parish priest and pastoral assistant.
- We named our primary budget items for this school year. We hope to achieve a minimum fundraising target to ensure we can support items such as the online subscription for Mathletics, teacher allotments for classroom supplies, funds for the PBIS classroom prizes, funds for literacy nights and literacy prizes, and appreciation meals for staff.
- Based on discussions last year, we unanimously voted to make a donation to the St. Kateri CSCC to help with their start-up expenses. Half of our families moved to St. Kateri this year, so we wanted to support our neighbours and past school community at their new school. We felt these monies would help to make their opening year's experience more successful.
- Organization of the decorations and canteen supplies for the upcoming Halloween dance were discussed. We hope our school families will be able to join us for the dance on October 26 at 6-8pm in our school gym.
- We are waiting for a final tally of our revenue from the magazine fundraiser in September. Watch for future announcements on our coming fundraisers: chocolates in January and cookie dough in April.
Our next meeting is scheduled for November 6, 6:30 p.m. in the school staff room.
Sept. 18 2017 Annual General Meeting at 7:00 PM
Here are the highlights from our Annual General Meeting held on September 18 in the school library:
- We elected new members to our membership board - so we have a full team made up of 10 DeShaye parents. Check out the Members link on the school website for all the parents who were elected.
- It was decided to once again create a Student Directory for any student who wishes to participate. All grades are invited to be a part of the directory. If you wish to have your children listed in the school directory, please complete and return the Voluntary Release of Information form that has been sent home.
- The first school dance has been scheduled: a Halloween dance on October 26 from 6-8pm. Watch for more details through school emails.
- Our first fundraiser of the school year is the QSP magazine subscription drive. This is another way to encourage reading at home and support funds for our school activities.
- Watch the school website for future posts from our monthly meetings. More details on fundraising and school activities by your CSCC to come!
Our next meeting is scheduled for October 10 at 7:00 pm at the school. Please join us to listen and offer opinions on our monthly agenda items.