BATTLE OF THE BOOKS
Battle of the Books is an exciting type of reading club that uses a game show format to challenge teams' knowledge of eight pre-selected books from a variety of authors and genres. Teams of students are asked questions based on the characters, plots, themes, and settings of the books. Points are scored by correctly identifying the titles and authors of the books.
Students from grades 5 to 8 are eligible to compete. Teams may consist of no more than 4 students. Students may read all of the books or divide the reading amongst the team members.
- El Deafo by Cece Bell
- Kid Owner by Tim Green
- Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans
- The Misadventures of Max Crumbly: Locker Hero by Rachel Renée Russell
- One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullay Hunt
- Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes by Jonathan Auxier
- Space Case by Stuart Gibbs
- Wonder by R. J. Palacio