Guidelines for Elementary Inter-School Cross Country Running
Designated Sport: Inter-School Cross Country Running is offered as part of our Catholic education program under the authority of Regina Catholic Schools.
Guiding Principles: Coaches are responsible for upholding our Catholic values and these Guidelines for Elementary Inter-School Sports Activities.
Coaches are Responsible and Accountable: Coaches are responsible for the control and activities of their team. Coaches are accountable to their school principal. The Guidelines for Elementary Inter-School Sports shall apply to all regular season play and playoffs.
Competition: The Inter-School Cross Country Running season includes four meets normally held on Thursdays at Douglas Park Track and Field Complex.
Establishing Your School Team:
1) All teams are established by open enrolment of students who meet the eligibility criteria.
2) Coaches should establish eligibility criteria for participating on the team. Suggested criteria include:
- Attendance – students attend all practices and will notify the coach if they will be absent.
- Sportsmanship – students demonstrate a positive attitude and act as goodwill ambassadors for the school.
- "Coachability" – students are willing to respond to coaching instructions, suggestions, and ideas.
- Team Spirit – student behaviour towards all of their teammates is supportive at all times.
· Safety Considerations – a student's skill level/ability is a safety consideration for self and others.
· Rationale – Coaches should establish a sound rationale for the team selection process that is consistent with the Guidelines for Elementary Inter-School Sports Activities in Regina Catholic Schools.
3) Grades 4 -8 Inter-School Cross Country Running includes the following age classifications:
Novice Girls/Boys 9 years old
Midget Girls/Boys 10 years old
Peewee Girls/Boys 11 years old
Junior Girls/Boys 12 years old
Senior Girls/Boys 13 years old and over
4) Coaches should ensure that student-athletes can attain the required eligibility standards in order to participate in the weekly meet. Students who do not achieve the standard should be encouraged to continue training until the standards can be met. Special arrangements may be made to accommodate students who are not physically able to meet these standards.
Novice 4-1-4 (4 minute run -1 minute recovery - 4 minute run)
Midget 4-1-4 (4 minute run -1 minute recovery - 4 minute run)
Junior 5-1-5 (5 minute run -1 minute recovery - 5 minute run)
Senior 6-1-6 (6 minute run -1 minute recovery - 6 minute run)
5) Each participant must return a signed copy of the `Participation Agreement Form`. Coaches should keep the signed form on file until the end of the school year.
6) The rules for Inter-School Cross Country Running are available on the Regina Catholic Schools website. The rules and expectations will be discussed at the pre-season coaches' meeting.
Meeting Agenda 2018.docx
Cross-Country Running Course.docx
Cross-Country Procedures 2018.docx
September 13th Results
Top Ten Sept 13.docx
Total Placement Points Sept 13.docx
Total School Participation Sept 13.docx
Total for each Age Classification Sept 13.docx
September 20th Results
Top Ten Sept 20.docx
Total Placement Points Sept 20.docx
Total School Participation Sept 20.docx
Total for each Age Classification Sept 20.docx
September 27th Results
Top Ten Sept 27.docx
Total Placement Points Sept 27.docx
Total School Participation Sept 27.docx
Total for each Age Classification Sept 27.docx
Placement Points By School overall.pdf
Participation By School overall.pdf
Top Three Participants Fall 2018.docx