- Email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 7:30 am if you need to make changes for your child's transportation for the current school day. This includes but is not limited to the following: sick child, not on the bus, extended leave. Please include your child's full name, school, duration of leave.
Transportation Updates for School Re-opening
The Regina Catholic School Division is implementing several new initiatives to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission for students, staff and contractors who access RCSD transportation services. These initiatives follow the guidelines in the provincial Safe Schools Plan, as well as the direction of the province's Chief Medical Health Officer and align with the Division's Return to School Plan.
- If possible, parents are asked to transport their own children to and from school. Contact Transportation@rcsd.ca if you are cancelling your child's services.
- Parents and caregivers must monitor their children for any signs or symptoms of illness. If any symptoms are present, the student is to remain home. Parents and caregivers can use the Government of Saskatchewan's self-assessment tool located here: Provincial Self-Assessment Tool
- Students who develop symptoms while at school will follow the isolation protocols in the Division's Return to School Plan. The parent or caregiver will be contacted and asked to pick their child up as soon as possible; the student will not be allowed to ride the bus home.
To decrease the risk of COVID-19 transmission, families can expect that:
- Drivers will wear non-medical face masks or face shields when students are entering or exiting the vehicle.
- Students will use a non-alcohol based hand-sanitizer provided upon boarding the bus if they are not wearing mittens or gloves. Mittens and gloves should remain on while the student is on the bus.
- Students in all grades must wear a non-medical face mask to board and ride the bus.
- Seating plans will be used to limit mixing and group students who live in the same household together.
- Buses will be cleaned and disinfected according to provincial protocols after each run.
- No RCSD transportation for extracurricular activities is permitted at this time.
- Parents/guardians of students requiring specialized transportation are required to wear a non-medical face mask when loading and unloading students in the vehicle.
- Special permissions for students to ride in a vehicle that they are not usually assigned to will not be granted at this time.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we develop mitigation strategies to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. We will share future updates on our website and via email.
School Attendance Area / Walking & Transportation Boundaries
Regina Catholic Schools has established transportation boundaries within the school attendance area for both the English and French Immersion Elementary Programs.
Click on images below to determine school information, which school do I attend, or transportation eligibility. * *Transportation Boundaries are reviewed and subject to adjustments prior to March 1st of each school year. The Parent Portal is available once transportation has been approved and processed.
Transportation Application Welcome to Transportation Video Link: welcome to transportation.m4v
Parent Portal Website
Cancellation of Student Transportation Protocols
Please click on poster below to enlarge. and review protocols.
High School Students
Regina Catholic Schools
does not provide transportation for high school students.
Transportation for high school students is available through the the City of Regina Transit and is subject to the city's fares, routes and schedules.
With many thanks to our friends at the Regina Public School Board and the Regina Police Service, we have this video to share with you. Please help ensure all our children are safe.