FirstView GPS Tracking App
In partnership with our transportation provider, First Student, Regina Catholic Schools is launching FirstView, a bus tracking app for your smartphone or desktop. As of Monday, January 17, 2022, this will be the only way to get Transportation notifications.
- Download this app here: www.firstviewapp.com
- Access your stop and route information on the Bus Planner Parent Portal.
Yellow School Bus Parent Portal
Van Service Parent Portal
- Enter student information to access:
- Live Tracking - The FirstView map shows you the location and direction of your student's bus. FirstView also provides caregivers with confirmation when the trip is complete.
- Customizable Notifications and Messages - You can create notifications for when the bus enters your chosen area. Connect up to three additional email accounts to receive email alerts. This is a great feature for daycare!
- Multi-Stop View - Buses for all your students can be tracked with FirstView. Using individual colors for each student, the vehicle assigned to each student's route appears on the map for easy viewing.
- Dedicated Customer Support - FirstView is here to help you. Contact FirstView Monday to Friday (Support provided in English only).
- Emailing Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the in-app "✉" button to provide feedback
- Calling the toll-free phone number 888-889-8920 from 7:00 a.m. EST to 5:00 p.m. EST
Safe Transportation 2021-22 (COVID-19 Protocols)
- Masks are no longer mandatory as per the removal of the Public Health Order February 28, 2022
- RCSD will work with the new transportation provider, First Student, to continue enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
- Hand sanitizer is available when boarding the vehicle.
- Attendance and seating plans will be maintained (eg. households seated together).
- Special permissions for students to ride where they are not currently a registered rider will not be granted at this time.
School Attendance Area / Walking & Transportation Boundaries
Regina Catholic Schools has established transportation boundaries within the school attendance area for both the English and French Immersion Elementary Programs. Effective with the start of the 2021-22 school year transportation eligibility:
- elementary students living or attending daycare more than 1.2 km from their designated school
- walk to stop distances may be up to 450 metres (this may include crossing streets at intersections)
- one-way rides times may be up to 60 minutes
Eligibility to Ride the Full-Sized Yellow School Bus
Click on images below to determine school information, which school do I attend, or transportation eligibility. * The Parent Portal is available once transportation has been approved and processed.
Prior to completing an online application below (one application per student) please ensure that your location requested is eligible @ https://rcsd.firststudentinc.com/transportationEligibility
ALL applications must be completed and submitted online.
Specialized Transportation for Students with Intensive Needs
- on Mini Yellow School Bus or Van Service
If your child has been approved for specialized transportation please refer to the following information.
High School Students
Regina Catholic Schools does not provide transportation for high school students.
Transportation for high school students is available through the the City of Regina Transit and is subject to the city's fares, routes and schedules.