The course will consist of a mandatory 30 hours classroom and six (6) hours behind-the-wheel in-car instruction. The vehicle to be used for driving instruction has a dual-brake control and is insured for all who ride in it.
The object of Driver Education is to prepare competent and skillful young drivers. It is most important, therefore, that the student be allowed to practice in the family car until he/she has mastered what has been taught. It is in this area that parents have a great part to play in the satisfactory completion of the training.
Please note students in this program hold a Class 7 – Learner's License which has these requirements and restrictions:
- 16 years of age (15 years of age, if enrolled in high school program)
- pass SGI written test
- must hold a valid learner's license for a min. of nine (9) mths. before taking a road test
- completion of Driver Education Program is mandatory
- must have a supervising driver in the front passenger seat at all hours
- supervising driver must be an experienced, licensed driver (not in the G.D.L. Program)
- between midnight and 5:00 a.m., passengers must be immediate family members – NO friends
- number of passengers limited to number of seat belts
- cannot consume any alcohol and drive (zero blood alcohol content)
Admission into, and continuation within, the Driver Education Program will be based on students displaying the four habits of success: (1) attend school regularly and punctually, (2) come each day with a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard, (3) complete all work to the best of their abilities and turn assignments in by due dates, (4) prepare for exams.
School suspension or withdrawal from school may result in students' being discontinued from the Driver Education Program and having their learner's license revoked.
Students become eligible on an age basis with the oldest given first opportunity unless they don't meet requirements or have been previously dismissed from Driver's Education. The only cost to the student will be the usual cost of a license and a fee for road testing. The student's own ability and desire to learn will determine whether he/she is able to pass the final road test.
Driver Instructor - Mr. Ron Buddecke - (306) 536-5301 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org