The next Deshaye CSCC meeting will be the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and will be held June 14, 2018 at 6:00, just after our Year-end School BBQ.
Here are the top 5 items discussed at the May CSCC meeting:
- Finalizing the details for the the May 14 Literacy Night to be jointly hosted by the Deshaye staff and CSCC. Prizes and snacks were provided by the CSCC. I hope everyone who attended the evening had a fun night of reading!
- Rosary making projects are now complete in all 10 classrooms. Volunteers, led by CSCC Board member Nancy Wirges, visited each classroom to make classroom sets of the rosary with beads in the Deshaye Defenders colours. Thanks to Nancy and her volunteers.
- We reviewed the results from the CSCC Survey Monkey which was sent to all Deshaye families in late April. I hope each of you submitted your answers as these results will help next year's CSCC select fundraising and community buildling activities. Please watch the website as the CSCC will be posting a response to some of the comments and questions that were shared through the survey.
- CSCC has purchased gifts that will be presented to each Deshaye student that celebrated a new sacrament at their parishes this year. The sacrament gifts will be presented at the Year end school mass.
- Final details were decided on for the Year End School BBQ. Please join us on June 14 on the school grounds at 5:00 for hot dogs, munchies and play time for the kids!
Don't miss out on your opportunity to be a part of the Deshaye CSCC Board. There are openings for Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary and 3 Director positions. Meetings are once a month. Board members have a vote for selecting fundraising options, providing funds for learning goals, hosting community building activities, supporting activities for faith development and much more. Submit your nomination for a position with Ms. Balon before the AGM on June 14.
May 8, 2018 meeting: Top items discussed
Well there were a number of items on the agenda this month so it was tough to pick our top 5 items to share this month but in no particular order:
- We organized the last of the details for the second and third parenting sessions to be presented by Isobel Solano at Deshaye School. The CSCC will be providing babysitting, beverages and a door prize for those parents who wish to attend any of the sessions. Please see the main school website for more details on these enlightening events.
- We are in the first week of our cookie dough fundraiser. Please remember to sell these delicious treats to family, friends and co-workers - the funds are so important to our support of the Deshaye staff, students and community. Sales close April 24.
- We have determined our next Healthy Hunger meal - we will be ordering from Edo Japan. Remember, a portion of the cost for the food are a fundraiser for our CSCC budget!
- The CSCC voted to offer the YMCA a continuation of their contract for the Before & After School Childcare program that is offered at Deshaye.
- The annual AGM for the Deshaye CSCC is scheduled for June 14. A number of board positions will be open for election, please watch for more information to be sent out. Consider putting your name forward for one of the open positions.
March 6, 2018 meeting: Top items discussed
With the snowstorm this week we tried something new for our meeting: a Skype Business meeting! After some struggles with logging in, we all figured out the chat space and the microphone mute. It will be a great option in the future for other weather-impacted meetings.
- The school Community Coordinator, Cassie Dodd, has arranged for Isabella Solano to present 3 different parenting education sessions in April. CSCC will work with Ms. Dodd to support family attendance during these sessions.
- CSCC continues to work with the the classroom teachers who have requested assistance with make classroom rosaries. CSCC provide the supplies and volunteers; the rosaries will stay in the classroom and extras will be donated to a missionary group.
- The next Healthy Hunger lunch will be on March 22. Pizza 73 was selected as our restaurant for the lunch. Please consider treating yourself to a day of no lunch prep, your child with a special lunch and the CSCC with your fundraising dollars.
February 6, 2018 meeting: Top items discussed
- Teacher Appreciation Week activities are arranged for the week of Feb 12-15
- CSCC will provide the supplies and volunteers to those classrooms who wish to make rosaries
- The next Healthy Hunger lunch will be on March 22. More details will be sent via email or on the school website when the date is closer
- CSCC continues to discuss our best options for providing opportunities for the Deshaye community to gather together. If you have any suggestions or wish to be a part of these discussions please feel free to email or attend a regular meeting
January 16, 2018 CSCC Meeting
Top 5 items discussed at our January 16, 2018 meeting:
- CSCC meetings will now be help on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm
- CSCC will sponsor 2 events during Teacher Appreciation Week:
- a full staff lunch on February 12. We will need parent volunteers to help with setup, supervision of class lunches, supervision of the playground during recess, and lunch clean up. A sign up email will be circulated
- Morning coffee and snacks on February 15
- CSCC has set a budget to be able to represent Deshaye students who receive a sacrament this year at their parish with a small gift at the year end mass
- The chocolate fundraiser will start soon. Watch for announcements from the school!
- CSCC will organize monthly Healthy Hunger lunches as a part of our fundraising initiatives. Look to the school calendar for the exact dates!
November 6, 2017 CSCC Meeting
Hello from the Deshaye CSCC. We held our monthly meeting on November 6 in the school staff room once again. We continue to learn of the recent and upcoming activities in Deshaye school as well as plan for CSCC-sponsored activities. Here are a few of our highlights:
- The student directory has been completed and shared with the Deshaye school community. Half of our student body participated in the directory this year; we hope families will find this an easy way to connect throughout the school year.
- Our Halloween Dance held on October 26 was a success. Thank you to all the parents who attended with their children as well as helping with the clean up at the end of the night.
- We continue to review ways for the CSCC to collect the desired funds for the various academic, social and spiritual activities CSCC either support or sponsor. Stay tuned for future fundraising or donation opportunities.
- CSCC has agreed to covering the costs of hosting another babysitting course for a small group of students; this will be offered by Cassie Dodd, our school Community Liaison.
- It was a difficult decision but the CSCC has decided there will not be a Santa Store this Advent season.
Continue to watch the school website for updates after each of our monthly meetings.
October 10, 2017 CSCC Meeting at 7:00 PM
The DeShaye CSCC had their monthly meeting on October 11 in the school staff room. There was much lively discussion and learning for all of our members. Here are a few highlights from the agenda:
- Mrs. Gherasim reported that she has been working with Fr. Stephen Bill, pastor, and Laura O'Reilly, pastoral assistant, from Christ the King Parish. They have begun scheduling a variety of liturgy and school visits for students and parents to partake in with our parish priest and pastoral assistant.
- We named our primary budget items for this school year. We hope to achieve a minimum fundraising target to ensure we can support items such as the online subscription for Mathletics, teacher allotments for classroom supplies, funds for the PBIS classroom prizes, funds for literacy nights and literacy prizes, and appreciation meals for staff.
- Based on discussions last year, we unanimously voted to make a donation to the St. Kateri CSCC to help with their start-up expenses. Half of our families moved to St. Kateri this year, so we wanted to support our neighbours and past school community at their new school. We felt these monies would help to make their opening year's experience more successful.
- Organization of the decorations and canteen supplies for the upcoming Halloween dance were discussed. We hope our school families will be able to join us for the dance on October 26 at 6-8pm in our school gym.
- We are waiting for a final tally of our revenue from the magazine fundraiser in September. Watch for future announcements on our coming fundraisers: chocolates in January and cookie dough in April.
Our next meeting is scheduled for November 6, 6:30 p.m. in the school staff room.
Sept. 18 2017 Annual General Meeting at 7:00 PM
Here are the highlights from our Annual General Meeting held on September 18 in the school library:
- We elected new members to our membership board - so we have a full team made up of 10 DeShaye parents. Check out the Members link on the school website for all the parents who were elected.
- It was decided to once again create a Student Directory for any student who wishes to participate. All grades are invited to be a part of the directory. If you wish to have your children listed in the school directory, please complete and return the Voluntary Release of Information form that has been sent home.
- The first school dance has been scheduled: a Halloween dance on October 26 from 6-8pm. Watch for more details through school emails.
- Our first fundraiser of the school year is the QSP magazine subscription drive. This is another way to encourage reading at home and support funds for our school activities.
- Watch the school website for future posts from our monthly meetings. More details on fundraising and school activities by your CSCC to come!
Our next meeting is scheduled for October 10 at 7:00 pm at the school. Please join us to listen and offer opinions on our monthly agenda items.