Deshaye CSCC Board 2019-2020
Stephanie Grand and Kolene Gustafson
Alicia Hugel & Angus Hamilton
Who Are We?
The Deshaye Catholic School Community Council (CSCC) is a group of elected or appointed parents, community members and school staff. The CSCC helps understand, support, and promote the school's plans for continuing improvement. Through dialogue, volunteers, and fundraising, the CSCC works with the school staff to achieve their identified learning goals for the school year. The CSCC is also the official parent voice for the school community with the School Board.
Deshaye CSCC oversees several fundraising opportunities throughout the school year. The number and type of fundraisers are reviewed each year depending on the targets and funding goals determined by the needs of the school and community. The monies raised be the CSCC are distributed between a variety of school activities. Past activities the CSCC have supported include:
Funds for specialty learning opportunities provided by teachers or the Community Coordinator, i.e. Babysitting course, cooking class, the STEAM-focused Makerspace The Deshaye CSCC are the overseers of the Before & After School Childcare contract at the school. The Deshaye CSCC meet once a month to listen and discuss the various agenda items brought forward by staff, CSCC members, Christ the King representatives, and interested parents. All interested Deshaye parents are invited to join any of our meetings to listen and participate in the sharing process. Please check the school website for the date and time of the next CSCC meeting. We hope to see you there!
- School dances
- Appreciation lunches and gifts for staff during Christmas, Teacher Appreciation Week, Administrative Assistant Day, retirements, and staff transfers to other schools
- Online math and reading programs
- Supplemental classroom funds; these monies are provided to each teacher to help cover those extras that teachers usually pay for out of their own pockets
- Specialty equipment such as new cleats, FM audio systems
- New playground space such as additional pavement areas, basketball hoops
- Gifts for students who celebrated a new sacrament during the school year