The links below will take students to the scholarships that are available at the following Saskatchewan Post-Secondary institutions.
The University of Regina offers Automatic Entrance Scholarships to students with averages above 90% as calculated using their Early Conditional Entrance Criteria. Students must apply for admission prior to March 15th to be eligible.
UofR Entrance Scholarships:
$1000 (90-92.99% Early Conditional Entrance Average)
$1500 (93-94.99% EC Entrance Average)
$3,000 (95+ Early Conditional Average)
UR Circle of Scholars Entrance Scholarship $20,000 ($5,000 X 4 years)
New Frontier Scholarships $1,500
The University of Regina General Entrance Awards (application required)
March 15th is the deadline for 30 scholarships totally $40,000. The criteria for these awards vary. Students can browse through these scholarships on the U of R website. Scholarships application is available through SAMS (Student Awards Management System).
University of Regina (Campion College)
First-year students who have been admitted to the University of Regina and have selected to enrol through Campion College by March 15 for the following Fall semester are automatically eligible to apply for the following entrance scholarships. (Students must register in a minimum of 12 credit hours.). A listing of awards and scholarships is available online.
SaskPolytechnic offers student awards for every certificate and diploma program at every SaskPolytechnic campus. Not all student awards are based on marks - some are based on financial need or things like community or volunteer involvement information can be found on the SaskPolytechnic Scholarships webpage.
SaskPolytechnic has 3 application periods each year:
- May 15 to July 31
- September 1 to October 31
- January 10 to February 15
University of Saskatchewan Guaranteed Entrance Scholarships
- 95% or greater - $3,000,
- 93% to 94.9% - $2,000,
- 90% to 92.9% - $1,000,
- 85% to 89.9% - $500.
University applications and marks must be submitted by February 15th in order to receive this automatic scholarship. More information on mark calculations is available on the U of S website.
Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarships - are uSask’s highest valued, renewable entrancescholarships and are awarded based on academics, leadership and contributions to school and community life.
To be considered, complete your application for admission by December 1, and fill out and submit the online application for Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarships in PAWS by December 15.
- George and Marsha Ivany President's First & Best $24,000 ($6,000 over 4 years, provided criteria are met)
- Chancellors' Scholarships $20,000 ($5,000 over 4 years)
- U of S Entrance Scholarships $24,000 ($6,000 year over 4 years)
- Edwards Undergraduate Scholarships $24,000 ($6,000/year over 4 years, provided renewal criteria are met)
- College of Agriculture and Bioresources Renewable Entrance Scholarships $12,000 ($3,000/year over 4 years)
Competitive Entrance Scholarships
Competitive Entrance Awards include numerous scholarships and bursaries that can be accessed by many students with diverse experiences.
You can be considered based on academic achievement, financial need and/or contributions to school and community life. Some awards recognize particular backgrounds, acknowledge contributions to certain clubs or reward achievement in music and athletics.
All entering students are encouraged to apply. To be considered, complete your application for admission by February 15, and fill out and submit the online application for Competitive Entrance Awards in PAWS by March 1.
St. Thomas More College - University of Saskatchewan
- a student must be a self declared St. Thomas More College student
- a student must be registered for six credit units of coursework through St. Thomas More College
- a student must be registered in at least 18 credit units of coursework in his or her first year (9 credit units per term)
STM offers over $200,000 in scholarship money above and beyond the UofS scholarships. Applications open on August 1st of the year that you are entering university, and are due by October 1st.
Academic Merit Admission Awards
- Students will be automatically considered for these awards based on their early admission average from their admission application, with the offer being conditional on their final admission average. No separate application is required.
Entrance Awards Dec 15
- students must first apply for early admission on-line after receiving a U of C ID#
University of Calgary Awards
Entrance Awards and Scholarships
Academic Excellence Feb 15
- Students must have an average of 80% and above, based on grade 11 or grade 12 final marks
- In addition they will receive a backpack, a guaranteed spot in residence and a chance to win tuition free for one year
Advanced Placement Aug 1
- 50 scholarships of $500 for Advanced Placement Scholars based on AP final marks
Scholastic Distinction Feb 15
- 50 scholarships from $7,500 to $25,000, based on grade 10, 11 and 12 final and interim grades of 95%+
Leadership Feb 15
- 100 awards of $1,000 to $10,000 based on 80%+ and demonstrated leadership skills in the community or extracurricular activities
Major Entrance Scholarships
- excel across the board and who have demonstrated academic and leadership achievements in the arts, community, athletics, and school
- one-time awards of at least $5,000 and renewable awards of up to $40,000 payable over four years
- must be nominated by school
Other available scholarships
Scholarships and Bursaries
- offers numerous entrance scholarships, awards and bursaries
General Entrance Scholarship
- $1000 to self-reporting of grade 11 marks whose average is 90% or better
- variety of criteria in numerous
- Continuing/ $2,500 – 95% or higher
- Western Scholarship of Excellence/ $2000 – 90%-94.9%
- Western Scholarship of Distinction/ $1000 – 88%-89.9%
- offers full tuition and partial tuition scholarships valued from $1000 to $22,786
Automatic No Deadline
- $32,000 ($8,000/year - Chancellor’s)
- $20,000 ($5,000/year)
- $16,000 ($4,000/year)
General Entrance Awards March 15
- over 200 awards available
- most range in value from $4,000 to $40,000 over four years