Deadline for completion of Graduation Award Microsoft Forms is Sunday, May 1st at 11:45 p.m.
Dear Grade 12 Students:
If you are interested in being considered for any of the Graduation Awards please carefully read the criteria for each award.
If you meet the criteria please complete the award's corresponding Microsoft Form.
Please note that several of the awards require a typed activity-based resume that should include a section on each of the following, if applicable: 1) extra-curricular involvement; 2) community service work; 3) any awards you have won, (ie. Honour Roll); 4) any parish involvement you may have; 5) any part-time work.
Submission of the Microsoft Form represents your consent for the release of your application information to the awards committee for review.
Any scholarships requiring nomination of a student by an awards committee undergo the following process:
- All Grade 12 students are encouraged to review the PDF 'Scholarships to Browse' on the Riffel Student Services website and the Graduation Awards page that houses the school-based graduation awards.
- If students wish to be considered for any of the awards requiring school committee nomination, they must first confirm that they meet the criteria of such awards.
- They will then identify themselves to Student Services by the posted deadline. Application information is then reviewed with the student and a date is set for submitting necessary documents to an awards committee.
- An awards committee convenes to review submissions and arrive at a consensus for Riffel's nominee.
- Applicants are notified and thanked for their submissions, and the award winner is notified.
- If additional materials are required to complete the application process, Student Services will work with the nominee to ensure that all necessary materials are ready for submission.
Any questions regarding application for Graduation Awards should be directed to RiffelGuidance@rcsd.ca.
Good luck to all applicants!
Campion Future Scholar Award ($1000) Microsoft Form
The Campion Future Scholar Award was established for an entering student registered through Campion College who best exemplifies the Jesuit values of striving for more, caring for the whole person, leadership in service, and promoting justice.
Catholic Leadership Award ($500) Microsoft Form
This Board-sponsored award is given to the graduating student who has demonstrated Catholic leadership at both the school and parish level. This student has demonstrated care for others through actions, attitudes, and commitments, and has a positive attitude toward students, staff, and the school so that the student has won the respect of students and staff.
Circle of Voices - Indigenous Grade 12 Student Award "Inspiring Success" ($500) Microsoft Form
This award is presented to a graduating Indigenous student who has demonstrated success through perseverance, effort and commitment to work, study, and community.
Clarke Johnston Estabrooks & Miller Law Office Award ($750) Microsoft Form (formerly Noble Johnston Law Office Award)
This scholarship is given to a graduating student who completed Law 30 class in either their Grade 11 or 12 year and must be entering a post-secondary program in the fall.
Holy Family Knights of Columbus Christian Attitude Award ($100) Microsoft Form
This award is given to a graduating student who lives out a Christian attitude and has a sincere concern for others.
Indigenous Student Achievement Award ($500) Microsoft Form
This Board-sponsored award is presented to a graduating Indigenous student who has good academic standing, who is involved in extra-curricular and/or community Indigenous activities, who has worked for, or plans to work for, the betterment of Indigenous people, and who plans to continue education at a post-secondary institution.
Michael A. Riffel Family Christian Service Award ($250) Microsoft Form
This award is presented to a graduating student who has demonstrated a sincere concern for others and has contributed time and energy through participation in volunteerism in a community, parish, or charitable organization.