|How Can You Reach Riffel Student Services During Remote Learning?|
Just a reminder that during remote learning, Riffel Student Services is available during regular school hours for career, post-secondary, and personal counselling. Please remember that instruction time is extremely important, so as in face-to-face learning, assess your daily learning schedule, and choose the most suitable time to contact us.
Please email us at email@example.com and we will make a plan to connect with you during regular school hours on a platform that works best for you (examples: by email, by phone, or by Microsoft Teams). You may even receive communication from Student Services during remote learning, and if we need to make contact with you, it may be by phone or email, so please remember to check your school email periodically.
After Hours Distress
If you and/or someone you care about are experiencing distress after school hours, there are supports available to you and/or them.
Phone 211, Text 211, or visit sk.211.ca
Kids Help Phone
Phone 1-800-668-6868, Text CONNECT to 686868, or visit www.kidshelpphone.ca
During the School Day
Student Services is currently available by appointment only.
You can reach us in the following ways:
1. Email us at RiffelGuidance@rcsd.ca and we will contact you by email or call into your classroom for you.
2. Call Mrs. Hanson at 306-791-7332 or Mrs. Warnecke at 306-791-7265.
We will make a plan to help you via email, call or Microsoft Teams.
IIf you are in an EMERGENCY and we cannot be immediately reached, do not leave!! Please head straight to our main office and you will be assisted.
Course Selection Information
Course Selection for the 2021-2022 school year has closed. Please contact Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your child's course selections.
Course Selection Informational Video
Please view the video in this link as it contains all that you need to know to make informed decisions about course selection.
Please use this Riffel Graduation Checklist.pdf to ensure that you are scheduled to meet your Graduation Requirements.
List of ALL Riffel Classes (subject to change)
Please use this List of All Riffel Courses.pdf as a resource in assisting you in Course Selection.Trades And Skills Construction Apprenticeship Program (TASCAP) Informational Video
Below is an informational video regarding the TASCAP program. If your child is interested in participating, please contact Student Services.
Post Secondary Information
Below is an informational presentation on the process to apply to Post-Secondary Institutions
September PostSecondary Presentation.pptx
'Unoffical Transcript' Requests
Please complete this form to submit your request for unofficial transcripts. You will receive an email to your RCSD account when they are ready to be picked up from Student Services.
Upcoming Post-Secondary Opportunities/Information
"Let's Talk Careers" Competition - April 12th to May 21st
From April 12th to to May 21st, students are encouraged to actively explore their options through a daily quiz. Students research occupations and programs of study by visiting reputable web pages and mapping out interests as they explor. This creates a unique profile and matches students with colleges, universities and relevant labour market information based on their interests. It's all free
and virtual, grades 6-12, and there's $25K
in cash prizes to be won by schools and student. Click here to get started
SUNTEP Open House - April 15th, 2021 (6:30 pm - 7:30 pm)
University of Regina Course Registration Days - April 29th to May 1st
Career Spotlights (visit www.rdiec.ca for all of these opportunities):
- Wednesday, March 31 A Career in the Canadian Armed Forces – 12:15pm
- April TBD CBC Saskatchewan (Radio / TV / Digital)
- Monday, April 12 International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers – 12:15pm
- Tuesday, April 13 Clinical Consultant Pharmacist – 9:00am
- Thursday, April 15 The Program for the Education of Native Teachers 10:00am
- Thursday, April 15 International Brotherhood of Boilermakers 555 – 12:15pm
- Thursday, April 15 International Brotherhood of Ironworkers 771 - 1:30pm
- Thursday, April 29 International Brotherhood of Bricklayers Local 1 - 12:15pm
- Friday, May 7 International Brotherhood of Plumbers, Pipefitters & Sprinklers Local 179 – 12:15pm
- Monday, May 31 City of Regina Urban Planning & Development – 12:15pm
Mrs. Lisa Hanson Mrs. Kyla Warnecke
(306) 791-7332 (306) 791-7265