Why Become a Library Helper?
- To be a positive role model for library users
- To provide student input
- To promote the library to other students
- To extend your skills in using the library
- To work as part of a team
- To assist with a range of library duties
- To model responsible, helpful behavior
- To encourage and promote the love of reading
Student library helpers are essential to a smooth running library.
- You must be willing to commit to a regular schedule of helping in the library.
- A library helper must be reliable and accurate in shelving books and keeping the library organized.
- A library helper must be courteous, respectful, and helpful while performing your duties.
- Ask Mrs. LaBelle if you can help in any way: Shelving, changing bulletin boards, tidying up.
- Return any books from the return bin.
- Straighten up the books on the shelves - have books standing straight up with the spine facing out. (check that books are in correct alphabetical order).
- Fill any empty spaces in the display.
- Be cheerful and approachable to everybody using the library, so that they all see it as a friendly place to visit.
Well done and thank you!