Principal's Summer Message…
We are at the end of another successful school year. We cherish the moments we get to spend as a family at St. Gabriel School. As we close another school year, we want to acknowledge those who are leaving our family:
- We send best wishes to our Grade 8 students who are off to high school in the fall. Thank you to all that you have contributed to our school over the years and we will miss you greatly in the fall.
- We wish all the best to the students who are transferring to new schools or moving away. We hope the knowledge gained, the virtues you have learned about and friendships you have made will serve you well in your new schools.
- We also wish the best to the following staff members who will be leaving us: Mme Perreaux Volke, Miss Babyak, Ms. Reavie, Mrs. Harbus, Mme Penna, and Ms. Nicolson!
The returning and new staff members for next year are:
Kindergarten AM / PM Mrs. Holly Beitel
Grade 1 Mrs. Tracy Hannant
Grade 1 Mrs. Korrin Rieger
Grade 2 Mrs. Terri Bernard
Grade 2/3 Mrs. Heather Borys
Grade 3 Mrs. Lori Holland
Grade 4 Ms. Anna Weber
Grade 4 Mrs. Denise Reed
Grade 5 Mrs. Lindsey MacLeod
Grade 5 Mrs. Cindy Welburn
Grade 6 Mrs. Erin Wiley
Grade 6/7 Miss Christina Ell
Grade 7/8 Mr. Mark Lang
Grade 7/8 Mr. Scott Kuntz
Grade 7/8 Miss Ashley Betteridge
Teacher Librarian Mrs. Amber Scollan
Learning Resource Teacher Ms. Shannon Emery
Prep Teacher Mr. Ryan Cherwaty
Prep Teacher Ms. Barb Papandreou
I.A. Mrs. Deb Klymchuk
Caretaker Mr. Russell Tocker
Office Manager Ms. Vicky Ripplinger
Band Mrs. Nadine Ghiglione
School Counsellor Mrs. Michelle Pool
Speech Pathologist Ms. Kathleen Herman
EAL Mrs. Nora Montero de Moore
Vice Principal Mr. Larry Fuchs
Principal Mrs. Anne Lutz
Classroom placements for students for next fall are listed in a letter included in the report card envelope along with a supply list for their new teacher. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
Just a few points to note regarding our start-up in the fall:
- School starts on Tuesday, September 4th @ 9:00 am.
- Meet the Staff Night will be held on Wednesday, September 5th from 6:30-7:30 pm.
a. The format has been changed by the CSCC so that instead of a supper, there will be juice and cookies served in an informal, social format allowing for the parents to visit once they have made their teacher introductions and classroom visits!
b. Spirit Wear will be available for sizing/order.
c. Staff from Resurrection Parish will be in attendance to meet/greet our families.
- Lunchtime recess will continue as it was this year (recess @ 11:55 am -12:10 pm), followed by lunchtime (12:10 – 12:40 pm).
- As part of our continued efforts to teach Digital Citizenship, we will be implementing a new technology policy, with no cell phone usage allowed in the classroom unless "authorized by special circumstances with teacher permission and supervision only". Otherwise, cell phones will be dropped off in a lockbox as they enter the classroom and returned to go home for lunch or at the end of the day.
- School Picture Day is on Tuesday, September 18th.
- Staff Retreat Day (no school) will be on Monday, October 1st.
On behalf of the staff of St. Gabriel School, I want to wish you all a safe and happy summer holiday with your family.
Mrs. Anne Lutz