Dear Thunderbolt Families!
The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity was celebrated this past week. May we all find courage to stand up to the divisions and challenges in our current world to show unity as one with Christ. The theme for all Christians, praying this week for unity, was to show "Unusual Kindness". As a school community of faith, we remind our students to show kindness daily.
"Be not afraid. Only believe."
- We continue to thank our Recess Guardians who are working hard to be playground leaders for our primary students. Through leading games and supporting conflict resolution, they help to build successful skills for play, cooperation, and peacekeeping.
- Kindergarten Registration is open! Please contact the office to set up a date for your child's registration. We look forward to meeting our new kindergarten families for 2020-21.
- Thank you to our families that attended the CSCC Regina Pat's Hocky Game! We hope you enjoy some family time and appreciate your support of our school fundraising.
- CSCC Family Dance forms were sent home this week. Click here if you need to print another copy!
- We want to remind all parents and guardians that a print copy of your child's progress report will be sent home on January 31. This will give you an opportunity to see your child's grades at the end of our first reporting term. Please remember that all updated assignments, current grades, and connections to curriculum outcomes can be found on the Parent Portal at anytime. These log ins were sent home in November. Contact the office if you need help or did not receive your log in information. Progress reports are just one of the many forms of communication we provide to ensure ongoing updates on your child's learning and growth. If you have any questions regarding your child's progress, please contact the classroom teacher.
- January 31 is also the date for our Student Retreat. All students will be participating in the retreat. We have Pulse Ministry coming to lead us in song and prayer around the theme of "The Cross". There are a variety of additional guests and activities for our students to encourage their relationship with God and themselves. Mental health, prayer, yoga and reflection are examples of some of the topics in the smaller sessions. We are thankful to be able to provide this experience for your children.
- Grade 8 parents and students are invited to M.C.O'Neill Catholic High School Becoming a Titan Parent Information Night on Wednesday, February 12. See this poster for more information.
- Staff Appreciation is February 10 – 14. In the practice of the virtue of gratitude and love, we will again seek some help to acknowledge our staff and the work they do in our school. Stay tuned for more information.
Please help our family to remember that we can be strong and courageous,
knowing that You are with us to help us fight our battles.
Thank you for the assurance of Your faithfulness,
that You keep Your covenant of love to a thousand generations
of those who love You and keep Your commands.
When You call us to do something that requires courage,
we ask that Your Spirit fill us with an unwavering faith in who You are
and what You can do, so we can do it confidently.
Growing in God's Grace,
St. Gregory Principal