The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- Our library will be promoting the very best of children’s literature to your child with activities and workshop each month designed to help student’s enjoy the stories even more.
- We be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- We will add many new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non-fiction to help meet the Common Core requirements.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child.
- Library lessons will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your child make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
- We have a lot of special events being planned, reading nights, a book fair, and reading contests.
If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. We’d love to have you. Even 15-30 minutes a week can help. Please email myself at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook & Instagram for pictures and information on what’s going on in the library. Our staff is ready and excited about this coming year and is committed to making the library one of your child’s favorite place in the school! Amy Perrey