Dear Thunderbolt Families!
We celebrate the third week of Advent this Sunday. The focus this week is on Mary and her brave "yes" to be the mother of Jesus. The candle this week represents JOY as we get closer to the celebration of Christmas. Joy and rejoicing are not the emotions that most of us are experiencing in the midst of this pandemic. However, we do rejoice in knowing that people around us are moved by the Spirit of God to comfort and heal. The dark days we are in are filled with the light of those who bring us hope and light through their actions.
Our outpouring of generous donations for the senior gift baskets filled my heart with joy! When we recognize and support those who need our light, joy will fill our hearts. This week we also begin our first week of remote learning. Please watch this beautiful video to bring you some joy, light and strength - we truly all are doing a good job and appreciate everyone's efforts.
"But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great JOY for all people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you. He is the Messiah, the Lord." Luke 2: 10-11
- Christmas Spirit Week
- We continue to spread happiness and cheer during this week of Advent JOY! See the poster for all the details!! We look forward to our daily assemblies and prayers as a school community. And the teachers will see our students in their spirit wear during their classroom meetings!
- Family Fun - Cooking Class:
- Please join us on Wednesday, December 16 at 6:00 online for a special cooking class led by Chef Hazel!
- Our elementary classrooms learned about Chef Hazel in their classrooms. This young student sets a wonderful example by starting the Blue Van Project with her family during the pandemic to raise money to feed hungry children in our city. Click here to read more about her! Chef Hazel and her dad, the Head Chef at the Willow, are sharing one of their favorite healthy recipes in a video lesson this Wednesday! The invitation was sent home on Friday in a poster. We will also email all families the poster with the recipe and meeting link this week again to ensure you are able to join us!
- Prizes will be drawn for the families that join us online!
- Thank you to Ms. Haugen for also organizing a special video shared with our classrooms answering our questions for Chef Hazel!
- Virtual Christmas Carol Bingo - Friday, Dec. 18
- St. Gregory Spirit is alive and well- even in remote learning.
- With your school take-home packages on Friday, each child received a BINGO CARD.
- The school will play Christmas Carol Bingo during our Friday School Assembly at 1:45.
- Don't miss it!
- December 15 - Candy Cane Day (Red and White)
- December 16 - Wild Wednesday (Crazy Christmas Hats, Socks, Sweaters)
- Save the Date - Virtual Family Cooking Class and Christmas Fun!
- December 17 - Polar Express PJ Day
- December 18 - Flannel Friday
- School Virtual Assembly @ 1:45
- St. Gregory Virtual Christmas Card to be shared
- St. Gregory Virtual Christmas Carol Bingo! (Cards sent home Friday, Dec. 11)
- December 19 - January 3 - Christmas Vacation
- January 4 -8 Classes resume ONLINE instruction
- January 11 - Classes resume FACE TO FACE instruction
Weekly Prayer - Advent Week Three Prayer of Joy
Oh, King of us all.
I find myself standing before
your strength and splendor
and filled with total joy.
You have lifted my mind in hope.
Now help me to open my life
the the coming of the Spirit.
I want to be like Mary, your mother.
Her wonderful courage and strength
inspire me to do the same.
She simply said Yes
and the impossible was done.
Thank you for this Advent journey.
The anticipation has filled my life
and made me long for
a closer relationship with you.
My life gets so busy that I forget to focus.
Thank you for guidance.
Thank you for the quiet moments
when I have felt your love.
Nothing will be impossible with God.
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel!
Growing in God's Grace,
St. Gregory Principal