St. Joan of Arc school would like to invite students to dress up for Halloween Day this year, on Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
Due to the fact that Halloween is seen as a very innocent and fun time in the lives of students and their families, we thought this would add some fun to the day. The imagination of young people is keen during this time of year with fun ideas about fantasy, ghosts, goblins and witches. These are part of the world of make-believe and do not lead to any sense of evil or the occult. Therefore, these celebrations are not in conflict with our Roman Catholic faith.
We do have some guidelines to follow when students dress up for Halloween.
- Send students to school dressed up and ready for the day.
- Avoid costumes that include weapons of any kind or leave these accessories at home.
- Avoid costumes that are very scary. For example, bloody, gory costumes are frightening to our young children.
- For supervision, safety and instructional reasons we ask that students do not wear full-faced masks (particularly at recess).
- Send a change of clothes in your child's backpack, in case they get tired of their costume and choose to change.
- Remember that all dress code expectations still apply on Halloween day.
- The option of wearing orange and black still applies to any who do not wish to wear a costume.
On November 1, 2018, we will recognize All Saints Day, in which we remember Saints who have died and joined God in Heaven. On November 2, 2018, we will recognize All Souls Day, which is a day to remember those who have died and pray that our beloved deceased are in heaven with God. Halloween celebrations prior to these holy feast days are considered appropriate, as long as they are conducted in good taste.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation! We look forward to a fun Halloween Day.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call.
St. Joan staff list for 2018/2019 (New staff in Bold)
Amber Slonski – Pre-K
Annette Vogelsang – Kindergarten
Betty Lekivetz – Grade 1
Charis Slusar – Grade 1
Staci Senger – Grade 2/3
Olivia Riffel – Grade 2/3
Stacey Molleken – Grade 3/4
Amanda Walter – Grade 4
Betty-Ann Faber – Grade 4/5
James Kleisinger – Grade 5/6
Jordan Bisson – Grade 6
Sarah Coolican – Grade 7
Paul Owens – Grade 7/8
Dan Brown – Grade 8
Tim St. Amand – LRT
Wade McLean – Teacher Librarian and Prep
Vincent Baryluk – Teacher Prep
Aimee Flegel – Teacher Prep
Katrina Hognerud – Band
Rosanne McCall – EAL Teacher
Alison Lewis – Family Support Worker
Phyllis Schneider – OM
Gladys Matkowski – Prek TA
Lisa Briere- Prek IA
Jamie Myers – Caretaker
Lee Garinger – VP/Prep
Shawn Pearce –Principal