Why become a Library Helper?
•To be a positive role model for library users
•To provide student input
•To promote the library to other students
•To extend your skills in using the library
•To work as part of a team
•To assist with a range of library duties
To model responsible, helpful behavior
To encourage and promote the love of reading
1. Ask Mrs. LaBelle if you can help in any way: shelving, changing bulletin boards.
2. Return any books on the Return Counter.
3. Straighten up the books on the shelves – have books standing upright with the spine facing out.
Easy Check the books are in the correct alphabetical order.
Fiction Check the books are in the correct alphabetical order.
4. Fill any empty spaces in the displays.
5. Be cheerful and approachable to everybody using the library, so that they all see it as a friendly place to visit.
Well done and thank you!