March 16, 2020, 11:20 AM
Dear Families and Staff;
We thank you for your continued calm, and for staying informed. We are in regular communication with the Ministry of Education, Saskatchewan Health Authority, and the Chief Medical Officer. Please check www.Saskatchewan.ca/Coronavirus for the most current information.
The government announced school closures beginning Friday, March 20, 2020. If you are able to, you can keep your children home right away. It is your decision if you want to pick your children up. Please inform schools of any absences.
In the meantime, in addition to information already shared, we have the following to share about the rest of this week:
- Everyone returning from international (outside of Canada) travel as of Saturday, March 14, 2020 must self-isolate for 14 days. If symptomatic, call 811. Self-isolation means stay home, do not go to work or school, manage symptoms at home and avoid visitors and family members in the home.
- Everyone returning from out of province travel as of Saturday, March 14, 2020 should self-monitor for 14 days. If they become symptomatic, they should go home and contact 811.
- If family members have travelled outside of country, there is no need to self-isolate, but you should self-monitor for 14 days. Self-monitoring means attending work or school, but watching for symptoms and going home immediately should they occur.
- In schools we are promoting social distancing and hygiene etiquette practices as much as possible.
- Student/Parent/Teacher conferences are cancelled.
- All field trips are cancelled as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020 until further notice. Area band and the Ukrainian Program are cancelled until further notice. All guest presentations in schools are cancelled. Elders, Knowledge Keepers and contracted employees will still work with students.
Then the wind ceased, and there was a dead calm. He said to them, "Why are you afraid? Have you still no faith?" ~ Mark 4:39-40
Regina Catholic Schools