The purpose of this page is to review school's goals, activities & highlights which are discussed with parents at the monthly CSCC meeting & published here for our school community ...
Submitted by Tammy Appell
December 9, 2020
- Current enrolment is 151 students
- First Math Blitz of the year took place on November 25 and 26.
- EXCELLENT engagement for the Student-Involved Conferences – only 1 family was unable to participate! Draws for 2-$50 gift cards were sponsored by the CSCC (LIP Support). One winner chosen for booking a conference and one for participating in the conference.
- Remembrance Day Liturgy held on Thursday, November 13th (facilitated by the Grade 3/4 class)
- Advent Liturgies held each Monday from November 30 to December 14 (facilitated by Grade 6/7 class)
- School Spirit Initiative – Wacky Wednesdays have been well received. We have had Twin Day, Western Day, Christmas Best and Red/Green Day. PJ Day originally scheduled for next Wednesday (including a special treat from Tim Horton's) will be rescheduled to the new year due to the recently announced transition to online learning
- Revised "Santa Store" - orders due Fri, Dec. 11th; gifts sent home as they are prepared, hopefully by Friday since it is the last day of face-to-face classes before Christmas, other gifts to be delivered next week
- Christmas Lunch (sponsored by Resurrection Parish) was to be enjoyed on Tues, December 15th at the school, but will be rescheduled for the new year
- CSCC Gift (gingerbread house and framed Christmas photos) to be sent home on Thurs, December 10th
- Christmas treat to be sent home on Fri, December 11h
- Early Dismissal on Fri, December 18th (2:10 pm) – online learning will resume on Mon, Jan 4-8
- RCSD Director of Education, Dom Scuglia, retiring at the end of the school year (memo shared with CSCC chairs on Mon, Dec. 7)