St. Michael Community School has, for some time, welcomed non-Catholic families seeking a faith-filled education for their children. Our community needs to be aware of the potential impact of the 'Theodore' court case ...
- Each student, Catholic or non-Catholic, is currently funded by the government, allowing us to create a diverse, sustainable community reflecting the inclusive values of our Catholic faith.
- The 2017 court decision determined that governments cannot provide public funds for non-Catholic students attending Catholic schools.
- Since we believe our school is strengthened by including families interested in faith-based education, we are joining Catholics across the province raising money to appeal this disruptive court decision.
- Our school will hold several fundraisers this spring in support of the Catholic education legal fund.
- We are all stronger when we work together in Christ's name ... we thank our community for contributing to the future of Catholic schools in Saskatchewan.