March 13, 2020
We thank everyone for remaining calm with the frequently changing information regarding the COVID-19 virus. Please continue to rely on the Saskatchewan Health Authority website (www.saskatchewan.ca/coronavirus) for accurate and up to date information as we move forward. The Regina Catholic School Division's Pandemic Team will provide updates to staff and families as needed.
We are communicating regularly with the Saskatchewan Health Authority and the Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Shahab, as well as the Ministry of Education. Based on their recommendations, we are taking the following steps:
- Continuing to check www.saskatchewan.ca/coronavirus. This website has the most current information.
- Caretaking staff will ensure they are using influenza cleaning protocols.
- Continuing to promote hand washing in all schools, and reminding students to avoid touching their faces.
- Encouraging social distancing in schools. For us this means no hand shaking, hand holding, high fives, hugging, etc.
- Cancelling all school assemblies at this time.
- Limiting all gatherings to no more than 250 people.
- Sharing the Saskatchewan Health Authority recommendation to self-monitor for anyone returning from out of country travel– if symptomatic, 2 weeks of self-isolation and seek advice from health care by contacting 811.
- For students and staff returning from international travel in affected countries (https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices), they should remain at home and self-monitor for 14 days.
- For students and staff returning from travel in any other countries, they may attend school. They should self-monitor for 14 days, and if they have any symptoms, they should self-isolate, call 811 and follow health care practitioners' instructions.
At this time, there is no direction for school closures.
Thank you for staying informed. We pray all our staff and families are healthy during this time, and ask the Lord to bless us all.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
in him my heart trusts;
so I am helped, and my heart exults,
and with my song I give thanks to him.
Regina Catholic Schools