We want to thank you again for your cooperation and support now that we have reached the end of the COVID-19 pandemic school closure. On June 18, 2020, we received the framework for return to school from the province. Since then, we have been meeting with staff to draft an implementation plan incorporating the framework for Regina Catholic Schools. Our plans will adjust as needed to reflect the most current health guidelines from the province and the Chief Medical Health Officer.
Safety of students and staff continues to be our top priority. Over the summer, Regina Catholic Schools will continue to develop the details of a school re-opening plan for the fall. This plan will be based on the Government of Saskatchewan's Primary and Secondary Educational Institution Guidelines.
Our current framework for the 2020-2021 school year reflects the following:
- Teaching and practicing processes and procedures to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Increased focus on health and wellness, encouraging resiliency.
- Established protocols and procedures for required cleaning and disinfecting in facilities.
- Transportation guidelines.
- Increasing physical distancing as much as possible during transitions.
- Schedules to stagger recess, lunch and other breaks to allow for more physical distancing.
- Plans to limit sharing supplies.
- Signage to share safety procedures.
- Protocols for outside visitors and student drop off.
We will share more information in late August. We want to ensure we continue to provide the safest possible faith-based, student-centered and results-oriented education we know you want for your family.
I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." ~Joshua 1:9