Joint Argyle/St. Pius Website
The latest information on the rebuild of Argyle School and École St. Pius X will be posted regularly on line at: https://sites.google.com/rbe.sk.ca/rcsrps/home.
Update: February 5, 2020:
- Approximately 60 parents and community members attended the February 4th information session at Sheldon Williams Collegiate.
- That session featured a welcome by Regina Public Schools and Regina Catholic Schools representatives. It also included presentations from the design team and the project consultant.
- Follow this link for a copy of the presentation.
"Hopes and Fears" Survey
Comment cards focusing on gathering "Hopes and Fears" of the joint-use project were distributed at the February 4th Information Session. The design team will use this feedback to guide their work.
If you didn't pick one up, these cards are available at Argyle School and École St. Pius X School. Alternatively, please fill out this online survey: https://surveyhero.com/c/ae410898
Please drop your comment cards off at one of the schools or fill out the online survey by Wednesday, February 12th.
Site Design Workshop on February 25th – Registration Required
The next stage of design consultation will be a Site Design Workshop which is scheduled for the evening of February 25th.
This event requires registration because of limited space.
Please register at either Argyle School or École St. Pius X School by Wednesday, February 12th or send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and connection to the joint-use school project (parent, SCC member, etc.).
Registered attendees will be notified of the event details via email.
- The construction of the joint-use schools is expected to be completed in phases and may result in a staggered opening of the joint schools to accommodate Argyle School, which will continue to operate until there is a new building for students and staff.
- The selection of the design team has been completed and Number Ten Architectural Group has been Selected. Their most recent school in Regina was École Connaught Community School. Learn more about Number Ten Architectural Group here.
- School community consultations will begin with an introductory session on February 4, 2020 at Sheldon Williams Collegiate. This session is open to the public and the St. Pius X and Argyle school communities are welcome.
- Regina Public Schools and Regina Catholic Schools have completed the information gathering process requested by the City of Regina to gain approval of space across from Argyle school for parking. Public feedback from this process has been provided to the City of Regina. A decision from the City is pending.
The first information session is planned for Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 7:00 at Sheldon Williams Collegiate. Please come to learn about the group chosen to design the school, and share your hopes and concerns about the new building.
The latest information on the rebuild of École St. Pius X is:
- The construction of the joint-use schools is expected to require phasing to work around the existing Argyle school, which will require staggered opening of the schools.
- The selection of the design team is expected to be announced in January 2020.
- School community consultations are expected to begin in February 2020.
- As part of the process to approve park space across from the current Argyle School building for parking, an information gathering process was completed and the feedback has been provided to the City of Regina.
The St. Pius/Argyle rebuild announced in March 2019 is a joint-use facility, and planning for this project continues. At this point, no decisions have been made regarding building size or placement, nor has parking been decided.
The current step the team is working on is choosing an architect. Once that is complete, the design team will meet with the school communities. Those engagements are expected in winter 2020.
At this point, the project does not have approval to move further toward construction.
A joint webpage will be developed to hold updates on this project, and will be updated as frequently as new information comes available, but likely about monthly
We are looking forward to working with the school community on this project, but prior to any consultation and design process, a project manager and architectural firm will need to be hired through a process led by the Ministry of Education. This process will also determine all timelines.
As more information becomes available we will share it with the École St. Pius X community through this webpage and email.