THESE ARE THE TASKS THAT NEED TO BE ACCOMPLISHED INORDER TO KEEP YOUR RESOURCE CENTRE FUNCTIONING.
- Books to the shelves from the cart:
- The books on the cart are to be put back on the shelves
- There are 7 main sections of resources.
Cleaning the Resource Centre
- Easy Read books - French and English
- Novels– French and English
- Non-fiction books – French and English
- Reference books – Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, etc.
- Teacher or Professional Resources
- Other resources –magazines, videos, etc.
- Return books on the Circulation Computer-wait for the beep after each book scanned
- Straighten the room, place chairs under tables, return stools & chairs to proper places
- Pick up paper from floor
- Straighten, organize or add to display tables = New Book
- = Seasonal displays
- Shelf read: (very important task)
Ask for other tasks on the go.
- Take one section of the library and check that the books are in their proper order. Ex. 372.10 next to 372.11
- Check that the Easy Read books are placed on shelves according to author's last name. And that the French and English books are not mixed up.
* If there are members of the Library Team that are not working they will be asked to leave and their privilege to work on the team may be revoked.
ASK, come and ask me if you are unsure of things.
- Stamping new resources
- Bulletin boards needing to be created and changed
- Cutting of laminated items
- Tracing letters -words
- Assisting with the Book Fair
PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF…THANKS.