Makerspace Activities at St. Timothy
Tinker Tub Schedule and Content Info
This year our students had the opportunity to engage in activities from the:
Architecture and Engineering Go to School Tinker Tub. With this kit, students explored books such as Iggy Peck, Architect and Rosie Revere, Engineer where they engaged with the Design Thinking Process.
- Grade 1's and 1/2's designed and created collaborative structures using the Rig-a-ma-jig
- Grade 3/4's explored the principles of design in collaboratively creating paper loop planes
- Grade 5's planned and collaboratively designed Rube Goldberg machines
- Grade 7/8 Library Club designed a structures using the Rig-a-ma-jig materials
Ozobots Robotics SaskCode Kit. With this kit, students of grades 1 - 6, explored the principles of coding through both colour and block coding. Activities and lesson ranged from:
- Grade 1's sequencing the story, Goldi Rocks and the Three Bear Band , then colour coding Ozobots for a journey through the events of the story
- Grade 2/3's designing a community map, then coding the Ozobots on a path to get to the school safely
- Grade 3/4's organizing details for a paragraph, then coding the Ozobot through their sequence
- Grade 3/4's analyzing the characteristics of fiction and non-fiction books then programming the Ozobot to identify books in a game
- Grade 5's reading the novel, Wild Robot, then designed choose your own adventure giant story maps
- Grade 6 and 6/7 exploring series and parallel circuits then coding the ozobot to reflect a chosen circuit
What are Maker Spaces?
Read the E-Book Below.